Returns & Exchange
These are Overall Return Policy and Guidelines applicable only to products purchased by you directly from the Dirt Bike USA website. All returns must meet the overall guidelines in order for the individual return policy to apply.
- All product returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. You may obtain an RMA number by contacting Dirt Bike USA Customer Service through any of the methods provided at usadirtbike.com.
- Returns for refund may be subject to a restocking fee. Read more about Refunds, Partial Refunds and Restocking Fees here.
- All products that are new with the retail packaging never opened can be initiated returned to Dirt Bike USA within 15 days regardless of the individual return policy.
- Products that are received by Dirt Bike USA in any of the following conditions are not eligible for return and may be rejected:
- Any product not purchased from Dirt Bike USA
- Any product that does not exhibit the described reason for the return (i.e., A return initiated for a DOA product that powers on and works properly upon inspection)
- Any product with missing, damaged, altered, or otherwise unreadable serial number label, manufacturer model or part number label, and/or warranty label
- Any product that is returned without all original packaging and accessories, including the retail box, manuals, cables, and all other items originally included with the product
- Refund returns received in this condition may incur a restocking fee or be rejected. Read more about our restocking fee guidelines here.
- Any product that exhibits physical damage
- If you received your product damaged, please read our Report a shipping problem article for guidelines and instructions on how to resolve this issue. This is would not be considered a return.
- Any product which appears tampered, customized, or altered in any way
If merchandise is damaged in transit. (Report a shipping problem)
All products are sent in brand new condition and where applicable in original factory packaging that has been inspected for damage before pick up by carrier. Before we can accept returns for merchandise damaged during shipping to the customer, the damage has to be duly reported and inspected by the carrier. If obvious shipping damage exists on delivery, thoroughly inspect your order, make sure the carrier notes the damage before they leave or just refuse the delivery. If you happen to receive damaged shipment from the freight carrier before inspecting it, save all packaging materials, call the carrier and email us immediately in order to get the claim process started. In all damage in transit circumstances, you must file a damage claim within 5 days of delivery. Where the damaged parts of the product are replaceable, we prefer working with you to have the replacement parts shipped to you from the manufacturer free of charge.
If Merchandise is defective but not damaged.
In most cases where products are shipped directly from the manufacturer, defective claims are resolved through the manufacturer. A technical support representative will troubleshoot the problem and if the problem is determined to be a defective part or damage resulting from the initial shipment not caused by abuse, neglect or failure to follow instructions, technical support and replacement parts are provided to resolve the problem free of charge. Where product is not repairable we accept returns on exchange basis, and only where the product is not used and is deemed un-repairable by a technical support team. All products received in a defective condition must be reported within 7 business days and returned within 30 days of receipt (Must be in "original packaging" and in the same re-sellable condition as originally received).
Electric Powered Scooters/items (Returns Must be in Original Packaging)
If you receive an electric scooter without any physical/Shipping damage but does not run, please notify us within 7 business days and we will obtain appropriate technical support to figure out the problem. We accept return of manufacturer defect electric scooters on an exchange basis, and only where the product is not used and is deemed un- repairable by a technician (Returns Must be in Original Packaging). Electric scooters especially, electric mobility scooters that are shipped fully assembled are already tested and confirmed to work before being shipped to customers. If the product has been used, it is not returnable but will be covered by the applicable warranty agreement. If item returned is found to be in a used condition, a 30% Restocking fee plus any other repair charges incurred will be deducted from your refund credit.
Please see a different return policy on Electric Scooters Warranty Policy.
Gas Powered Scooters (Returns only before gas poured in Tank- See general returns above)
If you receive a gas powered scooter or go-kart without any physical/Shipping damage and after following all the assembly, prep and starting instructions does not run, or has a functional defect please notify us within 7 business days and we will obtain appropriate technical support from manufacturer to figure out the problem or replace the defective parts. While we understand that returning a gas powered scooter when gas has been poured is not practical because of rules and regulations against that, we will make every effort appropriate to assist you in getting your gas powered scooter up and running as soon as possible. Any returns without RMA# will be charged a 30% restocking fees (upto 50% if used).
Replacement Parts & Accessories -(Some parts not returnable- See Below)
All returnable parts request must be initiated within 20 days from the original shipping date to be accepted. Once an RMA# has been issued and return address provided, it will expire if the part is not returned within 15 days. If you need a replacement part for the return right away' we will charge you for the item, and credit you upon receiving and processing the returned item. We will not accept parts return if damaged by the customer during installation.
The following parts are not returnable: All High-Performance Parts, Electrical Items (Battery Chargers, Controllers, CDIs, Regulators, etc.), Items Sold By The Foot, Tools, Engines, Special Orders, Manuals, Books, Oils/Chemicals (consumables) or any Used Parts.
Note: In all return and exchange circumstances, the customer is responsible for all shipping & handling costs. We cannot normally credit original shipping costs, and just as a retail store cannot credit you for gas and other costs incurred while driving back to their store to return merchandise, usadirtbike.com cannot credit return shipping cost. Any returns without an RMA# will be charged a 19% restocking fees (upto 50% on used items).
Manufacturers reserve the rights to modify products according to the latest technical standards and without notification to us or our customers. Since they might not accept returns based on those changes, if you have any questions related to a specific feature of a product sold on the website, please contact us before placing the order.